Wind Engineering - CRIACIV
CRIACIV (Centro di Ricerca Interuniversitario di Aerodinamica delle Costruzioni e Ingegneria del Vento – Inter-University Research Centre on Building Aerodynamics and Wind Engineering)was established in 1991 between the two founding universities (University of Firenze and “Sapienza” University of Roma) and it was then extended to Perugia and Trieste in 1996. Finally, it has reached the present configuration with the entry of University IUAV of Venezia and University “G. D’Annunzio” of Chieti-Pescara in 2004 and Padova and “Mediterranea” of Reggio Calabria in 2013.
CRIACIV’s declared mission is to promote and develop researches and studies in building and environmental aerodynamics and to deliver high-qualified consulting to private and public enterprises/authorities which may need advices in planning, design and decision process in the concerned field.
To accomplish its mission goals, CRIACIV operates on following lines:
- Basic and applied research
- Consulting and technical development
- Research training at doctoral and post-doctoral levels
- Continuing professional development and training
- Scientific dissemination through Conferences, seminars, workshops (also at International level).
CRIACIV is a leading Centre in the Italian public funded research, having initiated and coordinated the largest projects dealing with Wind Engineering in the last 15 years. It has also led some EU proposals (research projects, research and training networks, cooperation actions within the COST programs) funded by the European Commission.
Industrial partners of CRIACIV are spread within a wide range: City/Regional Authorities, Construction Companies, Engineer Consulting Societies, Public Services Agencies (energy production, environmental).
CRIACIV staff includes as many as 30 researchers (Professors, Assistant Professors, Research Engineers, Research Associates) and several members among Post-Graduated Engineers, Ph.D. Students, Undergraduate Students. It is run by a Managing Board of 13 members, elected within the wider Scientific Committee of the Centre, and it is managed by a Director (elected by the Scientific Committee), a Vice-Director and a Scientific Secretary. The Scientific and Administration headquarters are hosted by the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering of the University of Firenze.
CRIACIV runs a large scale Wind Engineering Laboratory (equipped, amongst other tools, with a BLWT) which is located in the premises of Prato campus of the University of Firenze; this was the first laboratory of this kind operating in Italy in the field of “Building and Environmental Aerodynamics”.
- NEW WEBSITE ON-LINE !! Visit us at www.criaciv.com
- Interview with two early stage researchers for the international Aeolus4Future project based at CRIACIV https://goo.gl/RRWO4e
- Council of Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH) 2017 Student Research Competition Award won by Dr. Andrea Giachetti (CRIACIV@DICeA research group). Official website link here.